Application for Admission
WELCOME TO OUR ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS
You will receive a myHeschel username and password, and your application can be completed at your convenience. You can log out and return to the application without losing data before submitting the final version.
The application deadline is January 17, 2020.
Each application must also be submitted with the following:
- Non-refundable application fee of $125
- Completed Student Questionnaire (Middle School applicants only)
- Copy of birth certificate
- Recent photo (optional)
SCREENING AND INTERVIEW
Once your admission application has been submitted, you will be contacted to schedule a visit, parent interview, and student assessment. For students applying to transitional kindergarten and kindergarten, student assessments take place in small groups.
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
Please complete the top portion of the letter of recommendation form, print, and give the following documents to your child's current school:
- Parent authorization for release of student records (all applicants)
- Confidential Recommendation Form (TK-K)
- Confidential Teacher Recommendation Form (first through fifth grade applicants)
- Confidential Teacher Recommendation Form (sixth through eighth grade applicants)
- Confidential Administration Recommendation Form (first through eighth grade applicants)
- Return envelopes (all applicants)
Official transcripts will be sent to us directly from your child's current school.
TESTING - SIXTH THROUGH EIGHTH GRADES ONLY
Sixth through eighth grade applicants, please list Abraham Joshua Heschel as a score recipient when registering for the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam). The school code for Heschel is 054172. The ISEE may be waived if an applicant submits her/his ERB (Educational Records Bureau) independent school scores for two consecutive years prior to application. A writing sample will be administered at the time of the student’s interview.
For more information visit the ISEE website.
ADMISSION DECISION NOTIFICATION DATES
Admission decision letters were mailed on Friday, March 15, 2019. The signed contract and enrollment deposit are due by Monday, March 25, 2019 in order to guarantee your child's space at Heschel.
COMPLETING THE PROCESS
For students entering first through eighth grades, prior to the start of school in August, Heschel requires a copy of your child's final report card, cumulative records, standardized test scores, and student health forms (when applicable) sent directly to Heschel from your child's current school.